S-LAYER is a sample layering sound creation tool for Reaktor 5 that allows you to create, edit and play new sound combinations. S-Layer is perfect for creating complex drum sounds, impacts, whoosh and pass-by sounds.
By combining sounds from the included sample map or your existing sample library, S-LAYER facilitates the discovery of new oneshots, sound effects and loops from pre-existing sample content. Whether you’re looking for a new way to create thick drum samples for hip-hop or a massive impact sound effect for game, S-LAYER delivers.
S-Layer is built for Native Instruments Reaktor 5 (Player NOT Supported).
- Advanced layered sampler engine with granular capabilities and BPM stretching
- Layered playback and editing of up to eight samples simultaneously
- Intuitive and fast parameter cell interface
- Independent sampler, filter, grain and fx send controls per layer
- Extensive randomization options
- Over 2500 preset sound variations
- 4 assignable Modulation Sequencers with independent speed and length controls
- 4 assignable Wrapper knobs to offset cell slider positions and modulate live
- 8 Scenes per preset that store and recall parameter settings and modulation
- Insert/FX Send system to connect and modulate your own effects
- Transpose Mode to play layered sound combinations chromatically
- Direct Outs per voice for Multi-Out Instrument support using DAWs or hardware effects
- iPad Lemur MIDI template by Antonio Blanca
- NI Maschine MK1 MIDI template by Twisted Tools
- 128 samples included in the default sample map
- Improved Sound Quality
- Delay Cell
- Phase Invert Mini-Cell
- Mono Mode Mini-Cell
- Output Limiter/Clipper
- Soloed Layer Highlighter
- Safe Scene Switching mode
- Sample content and sound design by: Antonio Blanca, Richard Devine, Delect (Chris De Luca/Leonard De Leonard), EVAC, Glitchmachines, Jedsound, Mike Huckaby, Miguel Isaza, pNORTNAOMI, Surachai and Tonebuilder
- Extensive Documentation
- Demo Video by Native Instrument Product Specialist, Matt Cellitti
- Free incremental updates
- Lemur OSC Template by Antonio Blanca
- Intelligent master randomization system remembers individual randomize settings
- Per scene +6dB boost for Volume cell
- Various small improvements and fixes
S-LAYER is a sampler that stores up to 128 pre-recorded sounds or sounds that you load. It can be played via MIDI and/or by using your mouse. It runs inside of Reaktor in either plugin mode or standalone mode.
Each time you play a note on your MIDI keyboard or hit the Trig button, up to eight samples from the sample map will be played back simultaneously. You can randomize or specify which samples play back and then edit each of the layers independently using sliders and toggle controls. Time-tested sound design techniques such as reversing, pitching, modulating and mixing sounds together can be quickly achieved by randomizing and fine-tuning with sliders and knobs.
In addition to the on-board granular, filter and time-based effects, you can also connect your own effects using the insert/send system or by using the direct outputs. Once you’ve found a sound combination that you like, you can store it on-the-fly in one of eight ‘Scenes’ which can be dynamically played backed and controlled using MIDI.
Lastly, S-LAYER comes bundled with an iPad Lemur MIDI template by Antonio Blanca and a MIDI template for Native Instruments’ Maschine MK1 allowing you to remotely control most aspects of the instrument.
Native Instruments Reaktor 5.8 for PC or MAC (compatible with Reaktor 5.8 and higher)
Reaktor Player is NOT Supported
Liine Lemur for iPad (if using included Lemur template)
Apple iPad (if using included Lemur template)
Native Instruments Maschine MK1 (if using included Maschine MK1 template)
Twisted KP (if using included Konkreet Labs Performer snapshot)
Please visit Native Instruments website for more information.
The package size for this download approx. 85mb zipped, so please allow yourself ample time to download the file if you are on a slow internet connection. On a very fast connection, you should be able to download the package in about 3-5 minutes.
Sample content and sound design by: Antonio Blanca, Richard Devine, Delect (Chris De Luca/Leonard De Leonard), EVAC, Glitchmachines, Jedsound, Miguel Isaza, Mike Huckaby, pNORTNAOMI, Surachai, Tonebuilder, Josh Hinden and Sonictwist